Where Is My Refund? Toll Free Line

If you are concerned about your federal tax refund is right now, you can call toll free for information. The IRS “Where’s My Refund?” Web page that allows taxpayers to track their government checks isn’t working, so inquiries are being routed to the agency’s toll-free phone line at 1-800-829-1954. The IRS says refund information typically is available 72 hours after the agency acknowledges it received a return filed online, and three-four weeks after a return is mailed. Amended tax returns may take two-three months to process. Anyone who filed an amended return more than two months ago may inquire of its status by calling 1-800-829-1040. Filers outside the United States may call 215-516-2000.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: